We have been regularly queried or reported by some of our readers that they are facing a “Status 7″ error while trying to flash or install custom ROMs or firmware packages on their Android smart phones. Sometime when we are installing new custom ROM we get this error in the custom recovery “assert failed: getprop(‘ro.product.dervice’),” and show “Status 7 installation aborted” error . This is a result of the changes in your android phone or tablet “Model Number” or device ID.
Now we can easily fix this issue by just a Simple ROM Zip file tweak. Personally I face this problem when I am installing Custom ROM on My Samsung Galaxy phone. There is mainly two reasons, format partition or change model number.
Before following this tutorial, make sure that you have downloaded the correct ROM for your device. If you install the wrong device ROM, your phone or tablet can be brick or damage
I have tested this method with Winzip and Notepad++ applications. These applications make that process easier.
2. Copy the downloaded ROM into the desktop
3. Extract the downloaded ROM (Use WinZip) to the desktop separate folder.
4. Go to following folder in the ROM
5. Then double click on the “Updater-script” file
6. Now you can see following type open with window, in that window select “Notepad++” and click “OK”.
7. Then you can see the following type window. Remove its first 3 lines which I highlighted in the following screenshot.
8. Now we can save this “updater-script” file
9. Now make a zip file using that extracted ROM.(use Winzip)
10. Now copy that edited zip file to your phone SD Card and install it using your phone or tablet recovery.