Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now possible for your Sony Xperia X10 although not officially. The Xperia X10 runs on the Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system and is powered by 1 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion processor, the phone comes with Adreno 200 GPU.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and maycause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Sony Xperia X10 Smartphone
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [Guide]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
5. Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
II. Downloading Required Files:
- Xperia X10 CM 10 Custom Rom [Filename: cmx10-v3-beta.zip]
- Google Apps Package [Filename: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip]
III. Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM:
1. Connect your Sony Xperia X10 to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your Phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your Phone.
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 Rom.zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system nowto reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM is now installed and running on your Sony Xperia X10 Smartphone