The Sony Xperia Neo L is a mid-range smartphone filled with multiple clever features. Like the Xperia Neos preceding it, the phone comes in a bar shape. The device is run on the sophisticated and futuristic Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS and possesses a dynamic 1 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion processor.
In this article we will guide you to install Android 4.0.4 ICS build 4.1.B.0.631 official firmware update in Xperia neo L. For this, we will use a tool called Flash Tool that will help us to flash the stock 4.0.4 ICS firmware in Xperia neo L . However, in this process you may lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
To update Sony Xperia Neo L to Android 4.1 ICS, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Sony Xperia Neo L Smartphone.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Flash Tool
2. Android 4.0.4 ICS build 4.1.B.0.631 Firmware For Xperia neo L [Filename: MT25i_4.1.B.0.631_SONY MOBILE by wewenk.ftf – 259.05 MB]
III. Install Android 4.1 ICS ROM on Sony Xperia Neo L:
1. Install Flash Tool in your computer.
2. Now open Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Del) and find adb.exe process. Kill that process.
3. Copy downloaded files Android 4.0.4 ICS build 4.1.B.0.631 .FTF file into firmware folder located within flashtool folder.
4. Open flashtool.exe by double clicking on it.
5. When Flashtool window open, choose the thunder arrow and then select flashmode. Now select the firmware you copied earlier in step 3
6. Once everything done. Click on OK button and DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE. Let Flashtool prepare the files for flashing, just be patient.
7. A Window will pop up asking you to connect the phone in “Flashmode” showing instructions for an old Xperia phone, ignore it. To boot Xperia neo L in Flashmode, first turn of the device and then press and hold Back button. Keep it pressed while connecting phone to PC via USB. Release the Back button when phone’s GREEN LED lights.
8. Flash tool will start flashing Android 4.0.4 ICS build 4.1.B.0.631 Firmware automatically, let it finish to 100%.
9. Disconnect the USB cable when Flashtool reaches 100% and indicates flashing has finished giving some extra info about activating debugging mode etc (don’t care, that’s optional).
10. Turn on your phone.
11. The first boot takes some minutes, don’t worry.
Congrats! Your Xperia neo L now have Android 4.0.4 ICS build 4.1.B.0.631 firmware installed on it.