The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S is another capable smartphone from the Sony Ericsson. This mobile phone runs on Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system. The Xperia Arc S from Sony Ericsson comes with a powerful 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion processor.
Unofficial Jelly Bean 4.2.1 updates are raining in and out every day another, and we are not missing even one of these unofficial updates. Well same is the case today because Sony Xperia Arc S is now capable to get a lick of the all new Jelly Bean 4.2.1 powered by the famous Custom ROM.
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Sony Xperia Arc S to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
To update Sony Xperia Arc S to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Sony Xperia Arc S Smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM for Xperia Arc S -Download
2. Google Stock Apps, Gapps – Download
III. Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Sony Xperia Arc S:
1. Connect your Sony Xperia Arc S to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Now, locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM for Xperia Arc S) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 ROM
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM is now installed and running on your Sony Xperia Arc SSmart phone
If you have any questions about your mobile phone, you can drop us a message. We will try to answer it with any available solutions.
Please consider a small donation to maintain this site