Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200, now be updated to latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean although not official firmware. The tablet is launched back on 2011 and comes with Android 3.2 Honeycomb out of the box. Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 powered by a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, a 1GB of RAM, Samsung Exynos 4210 chipset and Mali-400MP GPU. The hardware specfication is good enough to run Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 Tablet
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power. [Guide]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
5. Backup your EFS Folder. [Guide]
II. Downloading Required Files:
- Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 [Filename: cm-10.1-20130109-UNOFFICIAL-p6200.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip]
III. Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM:
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your Phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your Tablet.
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Rom.zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM is now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 tablets