The latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update is now possible for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 although not officially. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, which supports Wi-Fi and comes with pre-installed ICS, has already been updated with latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The release of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, Android 4.1 looks little old. Though Android 4.2 is not altogether different OS, it has some improved features in it especially for tablet.
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
To update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Tablet.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
Download Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM package for your tab GSM or Wi-Fi. Here are the downloading links.
1. Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) P5110. [Filename: cm-10.1-20121226-NIGHTLY-p5110.zip]
2. Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GSM) P5100. [Filename: cm-10.1-20121223-NIGHTLY-p5100.zip]
2. Google Apps [Filename: gapps-gb-20110114-signed.zip]
III. Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your Tablet.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your Tablet.
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 Rom .zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM is now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Smart Tablet
If you have any questions about your mobile phone, you can drop us a message. We will try to answer it with any available solutions.
Please consider a small donation to maintain this site