The latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update is now possible for Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 although not officially. The smartphone Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 is powered by 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor as well as 512 MB of RAM and comes with Android v2.1 Eclair out of the box that can later be upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
To update Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 S Smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 [Filename: Slim-I9000-4.2.1.Beta.1-OFFICIAL.zip]
2. Google Apps [Filename: Slim_Gapps.zip]
III. Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000:
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (locate the Slim-I9000-4.2.1.Beta.1-OFFICIAL.zip) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM
Congrats! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM is now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000SSmart phone
If you have any questions about your mobile phone, you can drop us a message. We will try to answer it with any available solutions.
Please consider a small donation to maintain this site