Now Good news for Samsung Galaxy S Advance user, finally official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S Advance GT-i9070. This official firmware update now available in Russi and not other country. However, the firmware can be used in other countries as reported by many users without any problem. The new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update that rolled out for Galaxy S Advance I9070 is I9070XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The earlier build which is I9070XXLPY Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean comes with many issues, we assume all those issues will be fixed after installing this new firmware I9070XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. You can use your smartphone default firmware update feature or use official Samsung tool KIES to update your Galaxy S Advance I9070 to I9070XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
- How To Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Android 4.2 Jellybean – Custom ROM
- How To Update Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT – i9070 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware- Russia[XXLPY firmwire]
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and maycause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-i9070 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. Odin 3.07 [Filename: Odin307.zip]
III. Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM:
1. Extract Firmware zip file and you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off your Galaxy S Advance
4. Now, put the Galaxy S Advance in Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up key and Power button.
5. Then, a warning message appears, press the Volume Down key to continue.
6. Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
7. Now connect your Galaxy S Advance with your PC using USB cable.
8. Then a message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”
9. Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted firmware folder:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
10. In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
11. Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 9 & Step 10 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
12. Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The tablet will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Go to Settings > about phone to verify this firmware upgrade.