Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 now received Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware update. Samsung recently rolled out S5301XXALL1 Android 4.0.4 ICS in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 can be updated to this latest update either via OTA update or through Samsung official tool KIES. However, if due to some reason you unable to update it using recommended process then follow this guide to install S5301XXALL1 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware update manually on Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301.
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus to Android 4.0.4 ICS. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
To update Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 to Android 4.0.4 ICS, follow our guide below.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and maycause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. Odin 3.07 [Filename: Odin307.zip]
III. Install Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM:
- Extract Firmware zip.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone.
- Now, put the Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator.
- Now connect your Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 with your PC using USB cable.
- Then A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”.
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted S5301XXALL1 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus, model number S5301 should now run on Android 4.0.4 ICS build XXALL1. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.