Good news for all Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 owners. Now we are testing Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware 18160 XXMB2. So, we guess you all will get leaked Android 4.1.2 firmware soon for the devices listed below before March and April as Samsung has started testing the firmware.
Here is a list of mid-range Android devices which are expected to get updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean soon –
- Galaxy Ace 2
- Galaxy Beam
- Galaxy Music
- Galaxy Chat
- Galaxy Ace Plus
- Galaxy Mini 2
Now we can update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 to XXBM2 leaked Firmware – I8160XXBM2.This update has been. The leaked firmware can be updated to many regions on any carrier but it’s compatible for mostly all countries if you choose to manually update. So, manually update to I8160 XXBM2 by our step to step tutorial given below.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. Odin 3.07 [Filename: Odin307.zip]
III. Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM:
1. Extract Firmware zip file and you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off your Phone
4. Now, put the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 in Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up key and Power button.
5. Then, a warning message appears, press the Volume Down key to continue.
6. Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
7. Now connect your Galaxy Ace 2 with your PC using USB cable.
8. Then a message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”
9. Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted firmware folder:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
10. In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
11. Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 9 & Step 10 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
12. Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 should now run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXBM2