Surprise! The entry level smartphone Galaxy 5 I5500 with low hardware specification received android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. The smartphone Galaxy 5 I5500 is runs on 600 MHz processor, so you won’t enjoy all features of Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
Note: The ROM should work on other model in Galaxy 5 line-up which is GT-I5500L, GT-I550M, GT-I5503 and GT-I5508.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy 5 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. Google Apps
1. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery mode. You can use this standard guide.
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 Rom .zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM