A new version of Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Samsung GALAXY Note N7000 smartphone is now available and in the due sequence of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply the same.
Please note that applying this update won’t root or void the Warranty in any manner, in fact if your device is rooted then after applying this device, the root access will be cancelled and you can claim the warranty. You can apply this firmware on any of your current firmware version. Even if your device is on Gingerbread version, you can manual update with this firmware version.
Features of Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLSA:
- Overall interface is much smoother and apps are working stable,
- Multi View and Page Buddy features are now a part of standard feature list,
- Notification Panel is also there in this XXLSA firmware,
- Notification Panel and Smart Rotation tools can be changed,
- Smart Rotation
- Samsung Cloud Services and Android’s Keyboard 4.2 Gesture based comes pre-installed,
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features and New Widgets are pre-loaded,
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III and Google Now are pre-installed in this firmware
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. XXLSA Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package [Filename: N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip]
2. Odin 3.07 [Filename: Odin307.zip]
III. Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM:
1. Extract Firmware zip file and you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off your tablet
4. Now, put the Galaxy Note N7000 in Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up key and Power button.
5. Then, a warning message appears, press the Volume Down key to continue.
6. Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
7. Now connect your Galaxy Note N7000 with your PC using USB cable.
8. Then a message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”
9. Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted firmware folder:
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
10. In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
11. Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 9 & Step 10 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
12. Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The tablet will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should now run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXLSA