Now once again we are before you with a new guide to root Micromax A25 Smarty. As we saw that Micromax is a leading mobile manufacturer in India with the lower budget smartphones, one of these low budget smartphones is A25 Smarty which is awesome handset within its price tag. The A25 sports a 1GHz processor and a Gingerbread Operating System. The smartphone also features a 1.3MP rear facing camera along with a 2.8-inch capacitive touch-screen.
So, here is a simple guide to root your Micromax A25 device by simple methods. Just root your smartphone and get a lot.
Note: Follow the below steps at your own risk, Mobotechie media will not be responsible if you are attacked by any error to your phone. Yet there is less chance of failing, but be careful. You may also know that rooting will damage your manufacturer’s warranty.
How to root Micromax A25
- First of all, download Rooting kit for A25, Unlockroot
- Go to the Settings>>applications>>development and tap for the USB debugging option.
- Extract the rooting kit you downloaded which is about 10.3 MB in size.
- Extract SP Flash Tool zip file and run the file named Flash-Tool.
- This will show the screen like below one.
- Now, go to Options in the menu bar and enable USB mode. If it is already ticked, you’ll no longer need to play it, just leave it.
- Find the Scatter-loading option on the right hand side of the current tool window.
- When you click the Scatter loading, will ask you the location of Scatter loading file. Extract the modifiedboot.img.zip and select the text file present over there.
- Click on the Bootlmg and browse to the modified boot.img file. It is present in the same folder as the scatter file. (The boot.img that is present in the outer folder is the original boot.img, flash it back if you face some problem).
- Connect your USB cable to the PC without connecting the phone. Just let the USB cable attached.
- Now, click the Download Button in the Flash Tool. Message will arouse “searching” which will appear in the lower panel.
- Switch off your phone and connect it to your PC via USB cable.
- Extract the’ A25_usb_vcom_drivers’ folder.
- Go to device manager and install the drivers by right clicking on your device and selecting the appropriate options. When it ask you the location of the driver, head over to the A25_usb_vcom_Drivers.
- SP Flash Tool will generate some error now, ignore it. Detach your device and go back to step 11
- When you connect your phone back, the downloading will start and the progress will be visible from a progress bar in the lower part, again you will see a message that you have been successfully flashed the files.
- Disconnect your device and reboot it.
- Install Unlockroot using unlockroot downloader which you have downloaded.
- Connect your device again.
- Press the root button in the unlockroot application.
- Now, finally reboot your device and you are done!