Samsung Galaxy ACE Plus is a mid-range smartphone that powered by Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and feature a 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor. If you want to update your device to this latest android OS (like ICS and Jelly bean) then you should first install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. One the other point, if you want to release the power of your device then you should root your device first.
In this article we will guide you to install CWM recovery as well as root Galaxy ACE Plus that running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS.
Note: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; however, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and maycause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. RootMe For Galaxy ACE Plus [Filename: RootMe.zip]
2. ClockworkMod Recovery[Filename: cwm-trebon.tar.md5]
3. Odin3 v1.85
III. How to Root Galaxy ACE Plus S7500 & Install CWM Recovery
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Connect your phone to computer and transfer RootMe.zip to the root of your SD Card.
- Disconnect your phone now.
- Switch off your phone.
- Now, put the Galaxy ACE Plus S7500 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! Screen will come up; press Power button again to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v1.85.exe as an Administrator.
- Now connect your Galaxy ACE Plus S7500 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the cwm-trebon.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, the phone will then automatically. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
- Now turned off your phone again.
- Now, boot into recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down, Home and Power button together. You will see CWM Recovery screen soon.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the RootMe.zip file and select it by pressing Power button.
- After installation, the rooting process will begin.
- When everything done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
Congrats!!! You now have rooted Galaxy ACE plus running with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it. You can now install apps that require root access as well as flash custom ROM through CWM Recovery.