Sony Xperia J can now be rooted and you can also install ClockworkMod recovery. A rooted Sony Xperia J will allow you to install various powerful apps that offer you better control on your device such including Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, and Barnacle Wifi Tether. On the other hand ClockworkMod recovery which also known as CWM recovery help you install custom ROMs as well as allow you perform some advance system task that you can ‘to with stock recovery. We have a simple to follow guide which will let Install CWM Recovery image.
Read the following instructions carefully while installing ClockworkMod your Sony Xperia J Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
Rooting Warning: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; however, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update. To check if you successfully rooted your device or not install an app called “Root Checker” that available for download from Google PLAY store for free.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Xperia J
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. Backup all your personal information on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
If you can access your Xperia J data by connecting it to your computer then you already have the driver installed but if not then do the following:
- Download ST26.zip and extract it on your computer.
- Download Flash Tool and install it.
- Open Flash Tool and then connect your Xperia J with computer.
- Now click on Devices and then select Import on Flash Tool.
- Navigate the extracted file and select it. Xperia J driver will be installed.
How to Root Xperia J and Install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM Recovery) on Xperia J
- Extract Root_J.zip on your computer. You will get Runme.bat with few other files.
- Now double click on Runme.bat in your computer (running on Windows OS). The rooting process will start. Wait for process to finish.
- You now have a rooted Xperia J smartphone. Now time to install ClockworkMod recovery on it.
- Extract CWM_J.zip on your computer. You will get Runme.bat with few other files.
- Now double click on Runme.bat in your computer (running on Windows OS). The CWM recovery installation process will start. Wait for process to finish.
- Close the command window if it not done automatically. Now restart your Xperia J.
Congrats! Your Xperia J is now rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed. You can now install apps that require root access as well as flash custom ROM using CWM recovery.