A last few of month ago Samsung released a list of its Galaxy line up that would be upgraded to Android 4.2 and 4.3. The way Samsung has started the mid-range device from Samsung’s second generation tablet line up has now started receiving Android 4.2 update via OTA. The users of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 finally have a big reason to smile as they are now entitled to enjoy the not-so-latest version of Android before most other people with higher models.
The first Android 4.2.2 firmware for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 (3G + WiFi) is already out for the users of this device in France. Since it is an unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number P3100 that is not locked to a network provider. In other words, if you are able to use ant SIM card on your Tab, you can have this new firmware.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and maycause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
1. Before You Begin:
- This method is tested on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100) only
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- You device must charge 80% minimum.
2. Download Required Files:
3. Manually Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100) to 4.2.2 Official Jelly Bean:
1. Unzip the downloaded firmware.
3. Connect the tablet into the computer via USB Cable
4. Run Odin3_v3.03 flasher tool.
5. Hover on Odin checkboxes options, DO NOT check the “Re-partition”, leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
6. Click the PDA button and then browse and select the unzipped ‘P3100XXDMG6.tar.md5′ file.
7. After Loading PDA, click ‘START’ button.
8. Wait until its finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot, then remove it from the computer.
9. Change the default language according to your own desire or native language. Go to –>Settings–> Language and Text input.
This Android 4.2.2 update brings some features like a re-designed lockscreen widgets, a multiple user accounts, improved accessibility options. So, have a check to all of it, and share to us how’s your first impression about this 4.2.2. update on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-p3100.