The custom recovery is essential in the installation of custom ROMs. That’s why it’s great news that TWRP Recovery has been made available for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070.
TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery different from the widely used ClockworkMod Recovery. It has a nice touch interface, which makes it more user-friendly and overall less-intimidating for non-techie users.
Read the following instructions carefully while how to install TWRP Recovery for the Samsung galaxy s advance i9070. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-i9070 Smart phone.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Odin 3.04 (Filename: Odin3_v3.04.zip)
2. TWRP Recovery 2.2.1 (Filename: GT-I9070-GB_TWRP-KERNEL-DiegoCH.rar)
III. Install TWRP Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy S Advanced I9070:
- Open the RAR file and extract GT-I9070_GB_TWRP_KERNEL.tar.md5 from it.
- Open the Odin ZIP file and extract the contents into a folder on your PC.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons until the device turns on. If aWarning! screen comes up, press the Volume Up button once.
- Double-click on Odin3 v3.04.exe to open Odin on your computer.
- Connect the phone to the PC. You should get the message “Added!” in Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
- In Odin, click on the PDA button and select the GT-I9070_GB_TWRP_KERNEL.tar.md5 file.
- Make sure only “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset time” are ticked in Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin.
- The phone will restart after flashing completes. Once you see the “PASSED” message in Odin, you may unplug the phone from the PC.
Congrats ! You’ve now installed TWRP Recovery 2.2.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070.