LG Optimus L9 is receiving the official Jelly Bean update recently. The update package is available via OTA. The Jelly Bean update brings the usual improvements like Google Now, Project Butter, expandable notification panels and bug fixes. Some of you may not satisfy as what LG provided to you but to seek for better enhancement on your LG Optimus L9. Rooting your phone is an alternative way to achieve the target. Here we prepare the complete guide on how to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus L9.
The following tutorial will explain you how to install CWM recovery on LG Optimus L9 running on official firmware. The tutorial will work only for LG Optimus L9 P760, P768, P769.
Disclaimer: The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your device.
How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus L9 with official Jelly Bean firmware:
1. In order to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus L9, you must first unlock the LG L9 bootloader.
2. Download ROM toolkit ( rom_toolkit_1.3-ENG.exe – 12.5MB);
3. Connect your phone to PC with LG software turned on.
4. Install rom toolkit by double click the downloaded rom toolkit exe file.
5. Execute the rom toolkit
6. On the prompt-out Windows, type 3 and program will flash custom recovery into your phone.
7. Turn off your phone after the flash is completed.
8. Now, your LG Optimus L9 should have CWM Recovery installed.
9. Hold Volume Up + Home + Power button and release Power button at vibration for boot into recovery.