Google’s Android 4.2 bugs list is quite complete. If you have updated your Nexus 7 to Android 4.2 be ready to face some irritation like Broken Bluetooth, Non-working Bluetooth, Battery Drain, Random Reboots and no charging.
Here we’ll discuss about the no charging thing on the Nexus 7. According to many users, their Nexus 7 is refusing to charge after the Android 4.2 update until it dies completely. We have a fix, though.
How To Fix Nexus 7 Charging issue
- Drain off all the juice from your Nexus 7.
- Connect your dead Nexus 7 to the charger and press the Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously. By doing this, you’ll head over to the Bootloader menu of the Nexus 7.
- Scroll down to the “Power Off Device” option with the help of Volume Down Button.
- Select it by tapping the Power button and disconnect the device.
- Quickly connect the device to the USB charger again.
- You’ll now see the Battery picture on your screen making your device working again.
This should fix the Nexus 7 charging problem. If it does not, your only hope is to let your nexus 7 die completely before another charge.