For those who are suckled up with the Media Transfer Mode in your LG Optimus L7, here is a solution for you guys. For those who don’t know, Media Transfer Protocol a.k.a MTP, is a replacement by the manufacturers for file transfer in Android devices, however there are quite a large number of problems with this in terms of compatibility and slowness in accessing the files. This is a big problem for those who have a habit of transferring large files to and from their Optimus L7 with your PC.
There is an app called UMS Mode for External SD Card that enables you to mount your phone with PC for the fast file transfer.
Note: The apk file you are about to download was originally proposed to be used with the LG Optimus 4X HD, but it is also working with the Optimus L7.
How to Enable USB Mass Storage in LG Optimus 7
- Download the required apk file | Download USB Mass Storage APK
- Transfer the apk file to your Optimus L7 by USB.
- Once the UMS_ModeV3.0.apk is in your phone, use any file manager in your Optimus L7 to open and install the file.
- Once installed, tap on Open.
- Connect your Optimus L7 to your PC via a USB and tap on Turn on USB Storage.
- Allow the root privileges to the app so that it can do its work.
- Wait 2-3 seconds after which your PC will recognize the app for you to transfer the files.